- Planning and Budget
- For Faculty and P&S
- Academic Programs
- For Department Chairs and Administrative Officers
Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost
The Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost is responsible for Iowa State University's academic programs including undergraduate and graduate education, research, and extension and outreach. The Division of Academic Affairs comprises seven academic colleges, the Graduate College, 60 academic departments, as well as the University Library and Information Technology Services. The Director of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Ames Laboratory reports to the Senior Vice President and Provost.
The Division of Academic Affairs serves Iowa State's students through 102 bachelor's programs, 112 master's programs, and 82 doctoral programs. Units reporting to the division include the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Office of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer, Honors Program, Institutional Research, Study Abroad Center, University Lectures Program, and Program for Women in Science and Engineering.
Reporting to the President, the Senior Vice President and Provost supports assessment, accreditation, and continuous quality improvement of academic programs, and planning, budgeting, and efficiency initiatives within the division. The Provost’s office works closely with the Divisions of Student Affairs, and Business and Finance, on issues related to admissions, facilities, policies, and other aspects of the university related to academic affairs. The Senior Vice President and Provost also manages faculty appointments, promotions, tenure decisions, and professional development programs.
The Provost collaborates with the Faculty Senate, Professional and Scientific Staff Council, and faculty committees on the governance and administration of Iowa State’s academic programs.
Use the navigation bar on the left, or our "Quick Links" on the right to learn more about the provost's office team, what we do, and how to access campus resources.
News and Announcements
- Change Agent: Dave Swenson
- 2015 Exemplary Faculty Mentor Awardees Citations
- Ten faculty receive special recognition
- Next emerging leaders class selected
- Change Agent: Eliot Winer
- Faculty approved for promotion and tenure for 2015-2016
- ISU landscape architecture professor receives 2015 Pomerantz faculty enrichment award
- Beth McNeil named library dean
- Five Miller fellowships awarded for 2015-16
- Salary Adjustment Guidelines for the Academic Affairs Division
- link to additional news