- About Us
- Administrator Resources
- Academic Programs
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Awards - ISU Faculty and Staff
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Award Deadlines
- Faculty Awards
- Staff Awards
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Faculty Advancement/Review
- Faculty Hiring
- Faculty Handbook
- Professional Development
- Faculty Onboarding
- Awards - ISU Faculty and Staff
- Site Index
Regents Award for Faculty Excellence
Contact: Dawn Bratsch-Prince, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The nominees for the Regents Awards will be selected by the Faculty Senate Committee on Recognition and Development.
- The committee will select five nominees for the award from the list of persons nominated by their respective colleges.
- The Faculty Senate Committee on Recognition and Development will send its recommendations to the Faculty Senate Executive Board, which will forward the recommendations to the Senior Vice President and Provost by April 1.
- Above all else the faculty member nominated for the Regents award must be an outstanding university citizen.
- In attaining this distinction, the faculty member must have rendered significant service to Iowa State University and/or to the State of Iowa. The faculty member must have distinction in a minimum of two of the following four areas: teaching, research/creative activity, extension/professional practice, or institutional service.
- More than 50% of each nominee's responsibilities must be faculty, not administrative, duties.
- Each nominee must be a currently active tenured faculty member who has been employed in a tenure-track position at Iowa State University for a minimum of fifteen years by the date the award is made.
- Distinguished Professors, University Professors and Morrill Professors are not eligible for this award.
- Recipients must be ISU employees at the time of the University Awards Ceremony.
III. Nomination Process
- Each college will forward at least one nomination for the Regents Award for Faculty Excellence.
- The Senior Vice President and Provost will receive nominations and forward them to the Faculty Senate Committee on Recognition and Development by February 15.
- The Committee on Recognition and Development will review the nominations and forward its recommendations to the Faculty Senate Executive Board. The Faculty Senate Executive Board recommends the top five faculty to the Senior Vice President and Provost by April 1.
- The Senior Vice President and Provost will forward these recommendations to the President along with the other university award recommendations.
IV. Nomination Materials
- Follow Format and Electronic Submission Instructions.
- Each nomination will include the following:
- Faculty university award nomination cover page [DOC|PDF]
- A letter of nomination, no longer than two pages, which clarifies how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
- An up-to-date Vita.
- Optional: up to five additional pages of relevant supplemental materials including internal letters of reference.
- Letters should not be solicited from persons outside of the university.
When the file is prepared, nominators must submit their nominations to their college by the college deadline. When the college is ready to submit their nominations, the college awards coordinator must upload the nominations to the appropriate college folder on CyBox. If you do not have access to your college's folder on CyBox, please contact Megan Peterson, email@example.com.
Each college will forward the nomination(s) it endorses, in unranked order, to the Senior Vice President and Provost.
Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost deadline is February 10.
V. Selection Process
The Committee on Recognition and Development selects the nominees from the names forwarded by the Senior Vice President and Provost on the basis of the criteria listed above using procedures determined by the Committee on Recognition and Development. The Faculty Senate Executive Board ratifies these nominations and forwards them to the Senior Vice President and Provost by April 1. The Provost forwards these nominations to the President. The President submits the nominations to the Board of Regents.
VI. Notification Process
The Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost will coordinate with the President's Office on notification of the winners. Award recipients and their nominator, department chair, dean, or supervisor are notified by May 1. Colleges receive feedback on unsuccessful nominations by July 1.
VII. Nature of Award
$1,000 one-time stipend.