Soar in 4: Iowa State's Four-Year Graduation Guarantee
It's true! You can earn a prestigious Iowa State degree in just four years, complemented by experiences such as study abroad, internships, and service learning. It will take work and commitment on your part, but you've already dedicated yourself to those values by deciding on Iowa State.
Iowa State University offers over 100 majors in six undergraduate colleges. All but two programs, architecture and landscape architecture, may be completed in four years. Through careful planning and the use of summer classes, or college credits earned in high school, more than 60 of our degree programs (PDF, 72KB) can even be completed in three years!
Graduating in four years (or eight semesters) allows you to:
- Save money. Those additional semesters add up. When you commit to graduating in eight semesters, your budget will be smaller -- and more clearly defined.
- Accelerate your entry into the job market or graduate school. The sooner you earn your degree, the sooner you begin your career.
- Focus on academics. Earning 15 to 18 credits a semester and maintaining good academic standing guarantees you a first-class intellectual experience.
Sounds great! What do I have to do?
It's simple. First-year students pursuing four-year bachelor degrees (with the exception of those in architecture and landscape architecture) are automatically enrolled in the program. You don't even need to sign up! Here's how you'll hold up your end of the bargain:
- Keep in close contact with your Iowa State academic adviser, who will guide you in your academic decisions and keep you up-to-date with university policies and procedures.
- Take required courses at the times they are available.
- Maintain your registration at ISU during off-campus experiences.
- Be a responsible student. Register for classes promptly and monitor your progress on a regular basis through your personal degree audit and with your academic adviser. Manage your time wisely. Study.
- Keep your goals in sight.
If you keep up your end of the deal, Iowa State guarantees you will be able to get the classes you need to graduate.
Want to learn more?
- Access the four-year plan templates from the on-line catalog.
- Read the details of the Soar in 4: Four-Year Graduation Guarantee
- Contact us with questions.